Tableau- wine quality | Computer Science homework help
Before You Begin
- This assignment will be saved to your Tableau Public account rather than GitHub.
- If you haven’t already, be sure to create a Tableau Public account here.
- The free tier of Tableau only lets you save to their public server. This means that each time you save your file it will be uploaded to your Tableau Public profile.
- You are able to load and continue working on the same workbook.
- When you are finished with your assignment, you will turn in the URL to your Tableau Public workbook along with any additional files used for your analysis.
Picture…hosting a nice holiday party for close friends… having prepared all of the expected holiday hors d’oeuvres and the most beautiful charcuterie board in the world.. holiday music playing in the background. But wait….how could you possibly make this party any better…… WINE.
The importance of selecting a wine to pair with food makes or breaks the flavor combination. With so many options for different types of white and red wines, we are giving you an inside look at the quality of wine and what truly contributes to choosing the better quality. We will be analyzing different traits in both white and red wine such as alcohol content, sugar levels, acidity, color, etc. to gain a better understanding on how each contributes to the quality.
Your task in this assignment is to aggregate the data found in the Wine Quality dataset from Kaggle.
Analyzing different traits in both white and red wine such as alcohol content, sugar levels, acidity, color, etc. to gain a better understanding on how each contributes to the quality.
Design 2-5 visualizations for each discovered phenomena (4-10 total).
Next, as a chronic over-achiever:
- Use your visualizations (does not have to be all of them) to design a dashboard for each phenomena.
- The dashboard should be accompanied with an analysis explaining why the phenomena may be occuring.
A link to your Tableau Public workbook that includes:
- 4-10 Total “Phenomenon” Visualizations
- A Dashboard
- A text write up : analysis on the phenomenons you uncovered from the data
Sharing Your Work
In order to share your work, we are asking that you will save your workbook as a .twbx file so that your TA’s can grade them.
To save your workbook as a .twbx file, you will just need to select “Save As…” from the “File” dropdown. Then, select the .twbx option.