The challenges of fundraising | Human Resource Management homework help
The Challenges of Fundraising
Introduction to the Nonprofit Sector
APA FORMAT 1-2PAGES. USE UPOLADED RESOURCES AND LINK THURSDAY 4/23/15 7PM NEW YORK TIME
For-profit organizations derive their resources from the sale of goods and services. Public organizations are funded by taxes. NPOs do not primarily sell products or services, nor do they receive tax money, so they must engage in fundraising to develop resources for their activities and operations. Fundraising brings with it both personal and organizational challenges. After all, asking someone for money is no easy task, even when the money is going to a charity. However, these challenges can be overcome with the right attitude, philosophy, and approach. In this Discussion, you will consider your own personal challenges that you might have if you were involved in fundraising for an NPO. You will also describe how you would overcome these challenges.
To prepare for this Discussion:
• Review Chapter 5 in The Complete Guide to Nonprofit Management, focusing on the options and tools for fundraising.
• Review the DVD program “Resource Development.” Pay particular attention to the challenges of fundraising and ways to overcome these challenges.
• Consider your own feelings when various organizations contact you and ask for funds.
• Think about how you would feel if the roles were reversed and you were the one seeking money.
• Reflect on what might be your greatest personal challenges related to fundraising.
With these thoughts in mind THE ASSIGNMENT:
Post by THURSDAY 4/23/15 7PM NEW YORK TIME a description of at least two personal challenges related to fundraising and explain why they are challenges for you. Then, briefly explain how you would address them. When addressing the budgetary needs of the organization for the assignment, you will need to list specific dollar amounts. You must include both revenues and expenses.
- Course Text: The Complete Guide to Nonprofit Management
- Chapter 5, “Raising Money to Serve Your Cause”
Video: Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2008). Introduction to nonprofit sector: Resource development. Baltimore: Author. http://youtu.be/1XNW7bNKzQk