The role of the demilitarized zone
Creative Breweries has decided to branch out from their craft beer line to include a new line of distilled beverages. They hire a genius at creating new and interesting drinks, and are worried that his very presence is going to encourage competitors to try a little intellectual property theft in order to benefit from the expert work of their new employee without having to pay the hefty price he charges for his work. The CEO of Creative Brewery has been talking to friends in the information security industry and suggested the first thing he might want to consider is to harden the edges of their network in order to protect their data from external penetration. One of the first steps he has chosen to accomplish this goal is to implement a demilitarized zone. You have been hired to create a design and recommendations for how to accomplish that goal.
Use the study materials and engage in any additional research needed to fill in knowledge gaps. Write a 3 page paper that covers the following:
- What are the alternatives available to this small, single-site business for creation of an effective DMZ?
- What are the security implications of your choices?
- What are the pros and cons of including a screening router on the outer edge of the DMZ?
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (sixth edition) style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 3 pages, excluding the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.