Theater project | Education homework help
The course research project/presentation is a more formal research project on a specific theatre topic studied or prominent in the field. The presentation should be on one of the theatrical topics listed below…or elect to pick a topic of your own (with approval by the instructor).
- Early Theatre: The Greek City Dionysia Festival
- Japanese Kabuki Theatre
- Christopher Marlowe: The Other Elizabethan Playwright
- Lord Chamberlain’s Men
- London’s Historic Drury Lane Theatre
- Tennessee Williams and Society’s Outcasts
- American Musicals by Stephen Sondheim
- Theatre in Prisons
- The Tony Awards
- Stage Musicals on Film
Areas that could be covered by this presentation include (but are not limited by) the following:
- a general history of the period, event, playwright, etc.
- staging and production conventions, if applicable
- plays and/or other related productions produced
- audience responses to or involvement in theatre
Unlike other assignments in this course, the presentation is not necessarily a normal written essay (though an enhanced written research project would be acceptable). Think originality and creativity…that is, graphics, charts, images/videos, Powerpoint/Prezi programs, audio or visual presentations, etc. are all accepted and encouraged. If created in Word, 6-8 page limit is recommended; if created in Powerpoint/Prezi, 14-16 panels is suggested. Your presentation can be turned in at any time during the semester, but is due no later than the last day of classes (Fri Dec 9). Early submissions are encouraged and will always be accepted. This presentation is graded according to the Course Research Project/Presentation Rubric.