Turning the organizational pyramid upside down
Research paper assignment – Turning the Organizational Pyramid Upside Down
The ABC Corporation executives enjoyed your presentations on how other companies implemented their ERM programs. They are now considering deploying one of their own with our help. However, they are concerned with problems and issues with implementing an ERM program. The executives want to understand how other companies addressed these issues and problems. An important aspect in the research is what practices worked and which ones didn’t. Also its important to know what practices they didn’t use and why.
As risk manager, you will be responsible for the new corporate ERM program. The board has tasked you and your team to create a research paper for the board. The research paper will become the basis for implementing the new ERM program at ABC. Now they have asked you to research several other company’s ERM programs to identify what the best practices are and the pitfalls in their implementation.
The research will involve reviewing the case study Turning the Organizational Pyramid Upside Down. In the paper, the following will need to be discussed:
· The problems or issues that were encountered by the company
· Ways these were addressed
· The practices that did not work and why
· The practices that did work and the factors that influenced their success
· Ways they could be applied in the ABC corporate ERM program
· Research method(s) you used to analyze the case studies
The instructor will assign teams and the team will appoint their own leader. The team leader will be responsible for assigning tasks to each member and make sure all complete their tasks. The team leader will ensure that the final project paper is completed into one document. Failure to submit the paper will result in a zero grade.
The research paper will be a minimum 12 to 15-page, double-spaced document not including the coversheet, executive summary, reference page, literature review/annotated bibliography, figures, tables. Use Times New Roman 12 font throughout the paper. The paper will use standard APA research format. Use these statements to construct areas in the paper.
· Provide an executive summary that is an overview of the paper and its purpose.
· Discuss the problems with implementing an ERM.
· Describe methods and practices others have tried and what happened.
· Apply your analysis to identify and discuss what would work for the ABC Corporate ERM program.
· Summarize any future work that may need to be done that was not covered in this analysis.
· Include a literature review and annotated bibliography
It will be free of spelling, grammatical or APA errors and no evidence of plagiarism. Include a minimum of five (5) references that are not part of the ones being analyzed. Include the literature review as an attachment on the references used at the end of the paper. Post your paper to the assignment by the due date in the syllabus.