Type 1 diabetes application — understanding research
Now that you’ve had the experience of designing a research study, you will have the opportunity to review and report on study designs developed by others.
To prepare for this Application Assignment:
- Select two of the study abstracts.
Please see attachment
To complete the Application Assignment, analyze the articles from different perspectives. With the two articles in mind, use the attached Epidemiologic Study Worksheet to answer the following questions. The final worksheet should be 2–3 pages in length.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Pocket Guide to APA Style to ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct.
- What did the researchers want the study to determine?
- What health condition(s) did the researchers study?
- What factors did the researchers investigate to determine an association with the outcome listed above? There may be more than one.
- Who did the researchers study? How many?
- What type of epidemiological study design (observational or experimental) does the study describe? Why?
- What type(s) or method(s) were used to collect the data for the study?
- What were the results of the study? What were the conclusions of the researchers?