[u03a1] unit 3 assignment 1 racism or bias? i need this done by friday
Racism or Bias?
Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
- Competency 4: Analyze criminal justice issues.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in writing.
Race has been, is currently, and will probably always be an issue in policing. There will always be disagreement between the races and each will have a different way of looking at the issue of race in policing. Certainly, there has to be some common ground. We all want to enforce the laws in a consistent manner. We would all like to see a reduction in crime. The question becomes, in light of race, how do we go about it in a manner to minimize racial issues or even allegations of racial issues?
Find one article that supports the position that police enforce the laws in an appropriate manner and without bias or racism. Find another article that supports the position that the police enforce the laws in a racist manner and with bias.
In a 4–5-page paper:
- Analyze each article focusing on the rationale behind the position taken.
- Explain any pertinent information of each article that supported the position taken.
- Describe why you agree or disagree with the position taken in each article.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: 4–5 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page or the references page.
- References: A minimum of three references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
You are required to submit your paper to Turnitin. Once you review your results and make any needed changes, submit your paper for grading. Keep your matching text to less than 40 percent.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.