Unit ii worker’s compensation powerpoint | OSH 3306 – Workers’ Compensation | Columbia Southern University
You are a human resources manager, and you have been asked to make a presentation to help employees understand how workers’ compensation works and their rights under the law. Create a presentation on workers’ compensation rights for the specific state of Ohio. Be sure to include the items below in your presentation.
- Define the mission statement or values that guide the specific state workers’ compensation board/office.
- Identify whether or not the state has developed a model return-to-work program for employers to follow with their business.
- Discuss temporary total disability (TTD) and temporary partial disability (TPD) benefits for maximum weekly compensation.
- Discuss workers’ rights and responsibilities under the state’s compensation system and how this compares to other states.
- Report any resources that could be beneficial to employers such as risk reduction instructions or links to the safety and health division for the state.
- Indicate the process for workers’ compensation appeals.
Your presentation must be a minimum of eight slides. You must use a minimum of two sources, which may include your textbook. Be sure to cite any sources used on a separate reference slide in APA style (cover and reference slides do not count in the minimum slide count). If necessary, you may also use the slide notes function to explain slide contents, but this is not required.