Web design project charter | Information Systems homework help
Must be in APA format, in-yext citations and references. All questions must be addressed.
Web Design Project Charter
Research the concepts behind project management in Web design, and then create a project charter for the newspaper site that you are developing. Be sure to include the following categories in the project charter:
- Project title
- Business needs
- Product description
- Project schedule
- Start and completion dates
- Project deliverables
- Major activities
A helpful step in the project management process is the creation of a work breakdown document. Such documents can help you outline what you need to do. For this class, your assignments function as a work breakdown structure; but in the real world, would you foresee creating such an outline? What benefits and drawbacks do you see in this planning phase of the project management?
In the Discussion Board, post a link to your chosen Web site and critique it. What do you like about the site? What don’t you like about the site? What improvements will you make to the site in your redesign?
Primary Task Response:Write 400-600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Select a formal newspaper that you will redesign.
- Create your course project charter by addressing the topics listed in the Assignment Description.
- Do you think actual web developers/designers regularly complete breakdown documents for their projects? Explain.
- What benefits do breakdown documents offer a project development team?
- What are some possible drawbacks to creating a breakdown document?
- Critique the original Web site that you have selected to redesign.
- What do you like about the site?
- What don’t you like about the site?
- What improvements do you plan to make in your redesign?