Week 1 structured assignment – business continuity policy statement
You have been hired as a consultant to design BCP for SanGrafix, a video and PC game design company. SanGrafix‘s newest game has become a hot seller, and the company anticipates rapid growth. It’s moving into a new facility and will be installing a new network. Because competition is fierce in the game industry, SanGrafix wants to be fully secured, documented, and maintained while providing high availability, scalability, and performance.
Based on your current technology and information security knowledge, for this project you will design a BCP based off of the company profile below:
A. Primary location in San Francisco, CA
B. Secondary location/hot site in Sunnyvale, CA
C. Capable of supporting 220 users in these departments: Accounting and Payroll, 16; Research and Development, 48; Sales and Marketing, 40; Order Processing, Shipping, and Receiving, 36; secretarial and office management staff, 20; upper management (including the president, vice president, and general manager), 10; Customer Relations and Support, 30; Technology Support, 20.
D. Full OC3 Internet connection
First step is to issue a clear policy statement on the Business Continuity Plan. At a minimum, this statement should contain the following instructions:
- The organization should develop a comprehensive Business Continuity Plan.
- A formal risk assessment should be undertaken in order to determine the requirements for the Business Continuity Plan.
- The Business Continuity Plan should cover all essential and critical business activities.
- The Business Continuity Plan should be periodically tested in a simulated environment to ensure that it can be implemented in emergency situations and that the management and staff understand how it is to be executed.
- All staff must be made aware of the Business Continuity Plan and their own respective roles.
- The Business Continuity Plan is to be kept up to date to take into account changing circumstances.
The rubric for this assignment can be viewed when clicking on t