Week 2 diversity reflection paper
Self-reflection and discussion of diversity with a personal action plan for improvement. This is a self-analysis.
Write an 800-1000 word personal reflection paper based on the following questions which address key aspects of diversity. Write a narrative paper – do not simply answer the questions.
- What has the diversity mix been (how have diverse groups been represented) in organizations where you have worked? Where you have lived and now live? Where you grew up?
- When you were growing up, did you interact with diverse groups? What was the result or impact?
- Do you make an effort to learn more about diverse groups of which you are not a part? If so, how do you do this? If not, would you consider doing this? Which diverse groups?
- When you meet or begin working with a person who is a member of a diverse group you are not familiar with, what do you do?
- Do you sometimes tolerate bias or prejudice in the workplace, to avoid conflict? (Up to 90% of people are known to do this, according to the television show “What Would You Do”.)
- If the head of your organization or work unit said that the next open position would be reserved for someone who is: gay/lesbian/bisexual, African-American, Hispanic/Latino, or someone with a disability, what would your reaction be?
- What 1-3 things will you do differently, in order to expand your diversity understanding and behavior? This will be your personal action plan.
You will not be graded on how you respond to the questions; you will be graded on your description, discussion, and analysis as well as your action/improvement plan.
This and all assignments in this class should be formatted using APA style including running head, page number, headings, citations, reference page including a minimum of 3 reference