Week 2 project illness and disease management
The Impact of Chronic Illness
In a Microsoft Word document of 4-5 pages formatted in APA style, describe the information collected about a person with a chronic illness. Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.
Identify one person from the illness group you chose in Week 1 to interview. The person should not be a patient at the facility in which you work. You can use friends, family members, or coworkers. Do not use the person’s name in the paper, only initials.
Administer the questionnaire you created in Week 1 to that person and address the following:
- Compile the data and analyze the responses to better illustrate where this person, his or her family, and friends are in relation to accepting the diagnosis in relation to the standard health or illness definitions.
- The analysis should also include coping skills, treatment, and support aspects of the illness.
- Explain how this information will direct care plan development for the chosen illness group.
- Include a copy of the interview you created with the responses from the person interviewed in an Appendix.
Support your responses with examples and information from library resources, textbook and lectures.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the South University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
• APA Citation Helper
• APA Citations Quick Sheet
• APA-Style Formatting Guidelines for a Written Essay
• Basic Essay Template