Week 4 – assignment will pay( $25) sir excellence
For this assignment, you will write a five- to six-page paper on intellectual disabilities, including information from at least three peer-reviewed articles and the class text.
The paper must:
- Explain basic facts pertaining to the disability, including the legal definition, characteristics, and limitations in intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior.
- Analyze ways to address the needs of students within this disability category (strategies, accommodations, modifications, assistive technology).
- Analyze supplementary aids and services and/or related services that may be included in the individualized education program (IEP).
- Evaluate community resources, services, or agencies available for students and families for the selected disability category.
- Outline transition planning considerations for students with intellectual disabilities.
- Synthesize the literature and research to create inclusion tips to foster the least restrictive environment (LRE) for the student.
In addition, the paper:
- Must be five to six double-spaced pages in length, not including title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
These web sites should help you
Definition of Intellectual Disability. (n.d.) http://www.aaidd.org/content_100.cfm
Historical And Contemporary Perspectives on Intellectual Disabilities. (n.d.) http://www.hsccs.org/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=10353&cn=208
Intellectual Disability (Mental Retardation). (n.d.). http://children.webmd.com/intellectual-disability-mental-retardation
Intellecutal Disability Treatment. (n.d.). http://www.thirdage.com/hc/c/intellectual-disability-treatment
Psychological treatments in intellectual disability: the challenges of building a good evidence base . (n.d.). http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/198/6/428.full
Treatment of an intellectual disability. (n.d.). http://www.thearc.org/page.aspx?pid=2545