Week 4 discussion and assignment & mngmnt quiz
Week 4 Discussion
Enriching Jobs and Organizational Functionality
This week’s readings have addressed how the nature and design of an organization’s jobs can potentially influence the job satisfaction and the degree of motivation of employees, as well as impact the entire culture and productivity of the organization.
Based on your reading for this week:
Post by Day 3 a 150- to 500-word statement in the Discussion thread that answers all of the following questions:
· How can managers enrich or enlarge employees’ jobs?
· What reactions, both positive and negative, might an employee have to a change in responsibilities or duties, and why?
· How might job enrichment or enlargement impact an organization’s culture, productivity, and profitability?
Support your work with specific citations from the Learning Resources. You are allowed to draw from additional sources to support your argument, but you must cite using APA standards. All quoted material must be identified, cited, and referenced per APA standards.
You are encouraged to enrich your posting with your personal examples, experience, or insights.
Edit your postings carefully for spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
Respond by Day 6 with at least 75 words each to two or more of your colleagues’ postings in one or more of the following ways:
· Ask a probing question.
· Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
· Offer and support an opinion.
· Make a suggestion.
· Expand on your colleague’s posting.
Please note that that you are expected to post and respond to class Discussions a minimum of 2 different days each week (1 day to submit your post, another to respond to your colleagues). Points will be deducted if you do not participate in the course Discussion on at least on 2 days during the week.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your posting and responses. Note what you have learned and the insights that you gained as a result of participating in this Discussion.
Week 4 Assignment 1
Application: Motivating Employees
Having read this week’s assigned readings, you are now familiar with various theories and approaches to motivating employees. Consider your current job, a job you have had in the past, or one you know well, and then complete the Assignment.
Submit by Day 7 a 300- to 700-word paper which answers all of the following questions:
· What motivational techniques, methods, or strategies does (or did) your current or past employer use to try to keep employees productive, satisfied, or motivated?
· What worked and didn’t work to keep you productive, satisfied, and/or motivated?
· What motivational theories explain why your employer’s efforts worked or didn’t work to keep their employees productive, satisfied, or motivated?
· Based on your experiences and the readings, what would you recommend that your current or past employer do to try to keep their employees productive, satisfied, and/or motivated?
Application Assignments must be in APA style and format. Information on APA is available at the Walden Writing Center.
In addition to fully answering the assignment’s questions, each Assignment will be evaluated for clarity of writing, critical analysis of the issues, proper use of references to support the positions taken, and adherence to APA standards. Also see this assignment’s rubric, provided in the Course Information area.