Who can do this | Business & Finance homework help
Controlling represents a very important function of management. Necessary at all levels and all aspects of the organization, controls should be applied to organizational design, planning, employee performance, etc., among many other functions. Different types of controls are applied at various levels of the organization including corporate office, divisions within the company, and at the facility and department level as well.
Lack of control can lead to costly delays, financial losses, and have other undesired consequences.
GM is a well known car manufacturer that has been on quite a roller coaster ride the last several years due to the economy. However, in order to compete in today’s market, all automobile manufacturers must maintain excellence in quality and utilize management control techniques and technologies.
After reviewing your background readings, read the following case study related to the implementation of lean manufacturing techniques at General Motors’ (GM) Lansing Grand River Assembly (LGRA) plant.
After reading through the case study, write a 3 – 5 page essay answering the following quesions:
1. To what extend does lean manufacturing help GM to control production to meet customer needs, and how does this help to make GM competitive?
2. Do you think the implementation of Lean provides a good example of the ‘control’ aspect of management?
Keri, V. B., & Marietta, L. B. (2010). First in, first out: A case study of lean manufacturing’s “success” in North America’s automobile industry. Human Organization, 69(3), 263-274. Retrieved from: Trident University International’s library via Proquest database.
- Please first study the Background Materials.
- Identify key concepts (main aspects of controlling, make a list of them, and study them.
- Read Business Week articles in-depth and conduct additional research, if necessary.
- Identify facts in the case that match concepts of controlling (organizational structure (or lack of them), decision-making, financial controls (cost-cutting) operating standards, culture).
- Apply these concepts to facts in the case in order to develop your arguments.
- Please also visit the company website and conduct further research.
Toyota has grown dramatically and (as per article) it does not seem to have developed structures. It has also followed cost-cutting strategies, which are financial controls.
In order to develop good business communication skills, it is recommended you write papers using the following structure, using headlines and titles.
Introduction (road map, explain main issue and list and main points)
Main Body: Develop each point in the Introduction, applying theory to facts, in subsections (one subsection per main point).
In this case, subsections of causes of recalls and a subsection of general discussion and analysis.
Conclusions: Summarize main paper points
List of references.
Citing your Sources:
TUI requires all PhD work to be in APA form. We also encourage all other students to comply with guidelines for proper citation of references. You may use the information found on the following links:
Other resources you may want to look at to assist you in writing college papers:
This is an extensive guide to college writing from the University of Maryland. Pick specific chapters or browse the whole text! http://www.umuc.edu/ewc/onlineguide/chapter1/chapter1-01.shtml