Wp1-sixin-summary and response paper—-at least 750 words
Core reading is How Schools Kill Creativity”
(For captions, play video, click “Subtitles,” and select language.)
This is Summary and Response Paper
part one: Situation Analysis Specifics
· Minimum 150 words (successful analyses are often longer)
· Following Step 2 in CHAPTER 3, analyze and specifically describe your Audience, Time, Place, and Purpose of your draft.
· NOTE: Your audience consists of other members of this class and your instructor
Place the situation analysis at the beginning of your first draft, before the first page of your actual composition
· Summary and Response of ONE of the core readings selected by your instructor
· Clearly developed main point (thesis) stating overall, focused response to the selected core reading
· Accurate summarizing and meaningful response, supported with evidence
· MLA manuscript style, as specified by your instructor.
· Use of at least 5 quotes (words, phrases, or key sentences) and/or paraphrases (key details or ideas rephrased in your own words)
· Observation of the conventions of Standard English
600 words minimum for first draft (the minimum 150 words for the situation analysis is not included in this count)